- Are you keen to experience the joy of having your child?
- But infertility is affecting your ability to conceive?
Then, intrauterine insemination (IUI) can be an excellent option to achieve pregnancy. It is one of the initial and common fertility treatments that can help in conception and tubal patency should be confirmed before doing IUI. This can be done either through HSG, diagnostic hysterolaparoscopy and sonosalpingography but the ideal would be a diagnostic hysterolaparoscopy.
Dr. Shweta Shah provides safe, effective, and cost-efficient IUI treatment in Mumbai. She has extensive skills and experience of 10+ years in the field, making her one of the best gynecologist in Mumbai. Moreover, Dr. Shweta has earned the respect and trust of her patients due to her exceptional expertise in handling gynecological emergencies.
Besides, Dr. Shweta Shah specializes in managing gynecological, obstetric, infertility, high-risk pregnancies, infertility, and PCOD cases. She is also adept in operative laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and ultrasonography. Hence, her patients consider her as one of the best gynecologist doctors in Mumbai.
Continue reading this article to know about IUI, its procedure, benefits, and more.
First, let’s know,
What is Exactly Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)?
IUI stands for intrauterine insemination is used in individuals who cannot conceive naturally. By overcoming natural obstacles, it facilitates the transmission of sperm from the vagina to the fallopian tubes.
The IUI process includes transferring sperms into the uterus, where they travel to the egg cells and fertilize them, resulting in a pregnancy. IUI speeds up the time it takes for sperm to reach the egg in the fallopian tube. It is a less invasive fertility technique.
Now, let’s see,
Who is Eligible for IUI?
Following individuals are good candidates for IUI:
- Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist in Mumbai, recommend IUI for couples in which the male partner has low sperm count or sperm motility. In such cases, IUI gives their sperm a head start by injecting it directly into the fallopian tube.
- For women with extreme cervical mucus hostility, the IUI procedure is helpful. Before the sperm can adhere to the egg, this condition prevents them from surviving.
- Women with a healthy fallopian tube and a good egg reserve are suitable candidates for IUI treatment. Here, we can obtain high-quality sperm samples from a donor or male partner.
- Patients who have trouble with vaginal intercourse owing to physical disability or psychosexual issues may benefit from IUI.
- Fertility experts also use IUI when donor sperm is required owing to severe male infertility or a lack of sperm.
- Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist doctor in Mumbai, may suggest IUI for other reasons, such as cervical infections and endometriosis in female partners.
How much does IUI Treatment Cost in Mumbai?
IUI treatment is one of the most common and affordable fertility treatments than IVF and ICSI. IUI treatment cost varies from one patient to the next, depending on various factors. Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist in Mumbai, offers reliable and affordable IUI treatment.
Now, let’s discuss,
The Actual Process of IUI:
Stimulation for Egg Formation
The fertility specialist will give oral or injectable medicines to the female patient to promote the growth and development of eggs. These injections are delivered in the upper region of the thigh or the stomach.
The patient will need to take oral treatment for five days and injectables for eight to twelve days, depending on how the ovaries respond.
Blood testing and Ultrasound monitoring
When taking injectable medications, the patient may require ultrasound monitoring of the ovaries and egg development every two or three days.
Blood tests help track hormone levels linked to egg formation and ovarian function. Through this checking and tracking, the fertility experts ensure that everything is operating smoothly.
Induction of ovulation
Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist doctor in Mumbai, gives the patient an injectable (trigger-shot). The shot can be provided at the clinic or taken at home by the patient. It can cause ovulation in as quick as 36 hours.
Sperm Sample Preparation
A male partner's sperm or a donor sperm sample is treated in the laboratory. The lab technician will rinse the sample during preparation and remove immobile sperm and waste matter from the semen. In the end, we will have a high-quality sperm sample.
A woman lies down on a check-up platform, simply as she would for a regular pelvic exam. The fertility specialist inserts the sperm sample into the uterus using a small, long, adjustable catheter. The process is completely painless and only takes a few minutes.
Within two weeks of insemination, follow-up blood tests or a urinary pregnancy test kit can confirm pregnancy.
Now, let’s know,
Benefits of Intrauterine Insemination (IUI):
- IUI has a lesser risk of complications as it doesn’t need the removal of eggs from a woman's uterus.
- IUI procedure doesn't require sedation or general anesthesia. As a result, there is no risk of complications before or after surgery.
- The IUI can even help a woman who wishes to get pregnant using sperm from a donor.
- IUI can be helpful in conditions like cervical problems, male infertility, ejaculatory dysfunction, and unexplained infertility.
- IUI paired with ICSI can boost pregnancy rates and success for infertile women, single women, and lesbians.
Let Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist in Mumbai, support you in conceiving a child through IUI or other suitable fertility treatment. Plan a consultation with Dr. Shweta Shah to know more about the best fertility treatment option for you.