- Do you have a lot of menstrual flow?
- Do you have intense cramping during the periods?
If this is the case, it would be beneficial to seek the advice of a qualified and experienced gynecologist such as Dr. Shweta Shah.
With over ten years of expertise, Dr. Shweta Shah is one of the best gynaecologist in Mumbai. She has acquired a lot of respect from both the medical community and her patients because of her extensive knowledge and experience.
Dr. Shweta Shah may suggest a hysteroscopy to closely see the patient’s cervix and uterus and learn more about their reproductive health. It will assist in determining the source of irregular bleeding.
Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist doctor in Mumbai, offers effective Hysteroscopy treatment in Mumbai. She treats each patient as an individual.
Continue reading this article to know about hysteroscopy, its types, procedure, and more.
First, let’s know,
What is Hysteroscopy, and How does it work?
Hysteroscopy is a process that helps diagnose and treat irregular bleeding during menstrual cycles. Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist in Mumbai, can use a hysteroscope, a slim, illuminated tube to look inside the uterus during the procedure.
Different Types of Hysteroscopies:
1. Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
2. Operative Hysteroscopy
Diagnostic Hysteroscopy is used for the following purposes:
- To view the cause of infertility.
- To investigate and analyze the reason for miscarriages.
- Examine the uterus for any abnormal tumors or malignant growth.
- To determine the cause of heavy or irregular menstrual cycles.
Operative Hysteroscopy is used for the following purposes:
- To resolve any difficulty relating to infertility.
- To remove the malignant uterine growth, cysts, and polyps.
Now, let’s discuss,
What is the Cost of Hysteroscopy Treatment in Mumbai?
The cost of Hysteroscopy treatment in Mumbai varies depending on the doctor’s expertise, clinic location, and success rate.
When it comes to picking the right clinic, the success rate is always at the top of the list. The cost is also determined by the type of hysteroscopy required.
When is Hysteroscopy required?
- When there has been consistent abnormal bleeding for reasons that transvaginal ultrasonography cannot diagnose.
- To examine and remove endometrial polyps.
- To remove intracavitary fibroids and the uterine septum.
- To dissect uterine adhesions.
- To investigate postmenopausal bleeding.
- To perform a thorough examination of infertility before IVF treatment.
- To detect the cause of recurrent miscarriages.
- To remove the coils where the thread is invisible.
The Actual Process of Hysteroscopy:
- A hysteroscopy can be performed in a hospital or a clinic.
- 1-2 hours before the procedure, Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist doctor in Mumbai, will administer sedation with mild analgesics to the patient.
- Using a speculum, Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist in Mumbai, will first open the cervix. Then insert the hysteroscope into the female's uterus through the gap.
- To clear the surface and broaden it slightly, the doctor can gently inject a liquid or dioxide gas into the womb through the hysteroscope.
- The doctor can see the uterus and fallopian tubes on the screen thanks to the light and camera on the top of the hysteroscope.
- The surgical tools are put through the hysteroscope tube to execute the procedure.
- It takes 15-30 minutes to perform the procedure. After the process is completed, the patient can usually leave after one hour.
What are the Advantages of Hysteroscopy?
Hysteroscopy may provide the following advantages over other invasive procedures:
- Less hospitalization.
- Quick recovery time.
- Less requirement of painkillers.
Is Hysteroscopy a Risky Procedure?
Hysteroscopy is a relatively risk-free procedure. Hysteroscopy-related problems affect less than 1% of women. However, like with any other procedure, there are some risks to consider:
- Reaction to anesthesia.
- Risk of infection.
- Chances of heavy bleeding.
- Cervix, uterus, bladder, or bowel injury.
- Intrauterine scarring.
- Inflammation of the uterus due to the substance used to open it.
If you are having a lot of menstrual flow, don't wait; consult Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist doctor in Mumbai. She will suggest the most appropriate and effective treatment for you.