Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist doctor in Mumbai, is skilled in total laparoscopic hysterectomy. She has 10+ years of experience and can empathize with her patients, ensuring that they receive adequate and exceptional treatment.
Keep reading to learn about total laparoscopic hysterectomy.
What is Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy?
It involves the removal of the entire uterus. In this procedure, the uterus is detached from the surrounding components and removed in small pieces through small incisions through the vaginal canal.
Why is Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Performed?
Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist in Mumbai, may recommend a total laparoscopic hysterectomy to treat issues such as:
- Menstrual periods that are painful or heavy.
- Periods that are irregular, heavy, or exceedingly extended.
- Pelvic discomfort that persists (after other possible causes have been ruled out).
- Uterine, cervical, endometrium, or ovarian cancer.
- Benign uterine tumors.
- Pelvic discomfort, or bowel movement problems.
- When other medical therapies have failed, the doctor may suggest a hysterectomy.
How is the Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy done?
The treatment is performed in the operating room under general anesthesia. Just below the umbilicus, a tiny incision is created. The abdomen is inflated with gas, and a laparoscope, a fiber-optic tool used to see the internal organs, is inserted. More small incisions on the abdomen may be made through which small surgical instruments are passed. The uterus and cervix are then removed, as well as the ovaries and tubes.
Total laparoscopic hysterectomy is used to address a variety of diseases: