Laparoscopic salpingectomy is a specialty of Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist in Mumbai. She has immense experience of over ten years. As one of the best gynecologist doctor in Mumbai, she can empathize with and connect with her patients, giving adequate and excellent care.
What is Laparoscopic Salpingectomy?
It is a procedure in which one or both fallopian tubes are removed. Small incisions are used in this form of surgery. Eggs will no longer be able to pass through the tubes that have been removed.
Why is Laparoscopic Salpingectomy Performed?
It is performed if you have:
- Blocked fallopian tube
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Infection causing hydrosalpinx
- Fallopian tube cancer
What Conditions Can Be Treated with a Salpingectomy?
A salpingectomy can treat the following gynecological conditions:
- Infection caused by STDs or another disease
- Tubal adhesions
- Scarring or obstruction due to tubal ligation
- Ruptured ectopic pregnancy
- Fallopian tube blockage
- Cancer of the fallopian tubes
- Tubal factor infertility
How is Laparoscopic Salpingectomy Performed?
- During the procedure, the surgeon will administer general or local anesthesia to help the patient relax.
- The patient will be placed in a lithotomy posture, which means the legs will be elevated above the level and supported.
- The surgeon will make small incisions near the belly button to insert the laparoscope and other microsurgical equipment in the laparoscopic method.
- Carbon dioxide gas is passed into the abdominal cavity to help the surgeon better see the organs and avoid damage by adequately utilizing the instruments.
- The abdominal walls are also separated from the organs, preventing harm to them. After reaching the fallopian tubes, the surgeon binds them at the uterus end and cuts them out.
- The severed fallopian tubes are removed with a second incision. Finally, all of the incisions are sewn together.