Are you facing fertility issues and feel pregnancy is a far cry for you?
After reading this article, you won't feel so!
This article talks about one of the most effective solutions to treat the problem of infertility, thus replacing the darkness of despair about pregnancy with the ray of hope!
Are you wondering what this effective solution is?
It is none other than Intrauterine Insemination or IUI.
What exactly is IUI?
Intrauterine insemination, popularly called IUI, is a fertility treatment in which the sperm of men are directly placed into a women's uterus. IUI can help increase the chances of pregnancy and help a woman turn her dream of becoming a mother into reality!
When should one go for IUI?
Dr. Shweta Shah, the best gynecologist in Malad, Mumbai, says that IUI is an ideal option in the following cases-
- Mild endometriosis
- Unexplained fertility
- When the sperm count is low
- Problems with the cervical mucus or cervix
- Problems with ejaculation
- When couples of the same sex wish to conceive
- When a single woman wishes to conceive
Can you relate to any of the above cases?
Then it is advisable to seek assistance from Dr. Shweta, the leading gynecologist and obstetrician in Malad right now!
Now, let's discuss,
When should one not go for IUI?
IUI is not advised in the following cases-
- When women are diagnosed with moderate to severe endometriosis
- Women having multiple pelvic infections
- Females whose both fallopian tubes have been taken out
- Women diagnosed with severe fallopian tube disease
In cases where IUI is not advised, it is advisable to go for IVF treatment after consulting with an experienced top gynecologist in Malad, Mumbai.
Is there any difference between IUI and IVF treatment, and what is the difference?
Yes, though IUI and IVF are both popular fertility treatments and serve the same purpose, i.e., increasing the chances of pregnancy, differences exist between the two procedures.
The significant differences between IUI and IVF are as follows-
- In IUI, the sperms are manually placed in the upper portion of the uterus, so the sperms have to fertilize the eggs naturally.
- In IVF, eggs and sperms are manually combined outside the woman's body in a laboratory.
- IUI is a less invasive procedure compared to IVF.
- IVF is known to be an invasive procedure.
- The pregnancy rate of IUI is less compared to IVF treatment
- IVF treatment has a greater pregnancy rate.
- IUI is less costly compared to IVF
- IVF is considered to be an expensive procedure.
Why is IUI treatment performed?
IUI treatment helps increase the chances of pregnancy and helps in dealing with the following types of infertility-
- Unexplained infertility
- Mild male factor infertility
- Endometriosis-related infertility
- Ovulatory factor infertility
- Cervical factor infertility
Getting ready for the treatment journey is necessary to begin the IUI treatment journey!
But how can one get ready for the IUI treatment journey?
The preparation for the IUI treatment journey includes steps such as preparing the semen sample, monitoring for ovulation, and determining the optimal timing of the procedure.
So, have you taken the above steps and are all ready to begin the beautiful IUI journey?
Great! So, let's begin the IUI journey!
What happens in the IUI journey?
The visit for IUI takes around fifteen to twenty minutes, and the procedure takes place at the doctor's clinic. The process takes only 1-2 minutes, and no pain relievers or medications are needed. You lie on an exam table and put your legs into stirrups during the procedure. Dr. Shweta Shah inserts a spectrum into your vagina. Then a vial containing a sample of healthy sperm is attached to the end of a catheter. The catheter is inserted into the vagina, through the cervical opening, and into the uterus. The sperm sample is then pushed into the uterus through the tube. The catheter and speculum are then removed. You then lie on your back after insemination for some time. After the procedure is done, you can resume your everyday activities and have some light spotting for 1-2 days after the process.
What are the risks of the IUI treatment?
Though rare, some of the risks associated with the IUI procedure include the following-
- If medications are used to induce ovulation, multiple pregnancies can be a likely risk.
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation
But don't worry! You can avoid these risks by getting an IUI procedure done by a proficient gynecologist in Malad, Mumbai, like Dr. Shweta Shah, and also increase the treatment's success rate.
Talking about the success rate, what is the success rate of IUI treatment?
The success rate of IUI treatment differs from person to person depending on various factors as follows-
- Age(Greater the age, less becomes the success rate)
- Whether fertility medications are being used
- Underlying infertility diagnosis
- Other underlying fertility issues
One of the significant factors that play a role in deciding to go for IUI treatment or any treatment for that matter is the cost factor!
Are you also concerned about the cost of IUI treatment and want to know the approximate cost of the treatment?
Well, the cost of IUI treatment depends on many factors. The average price of IUI treatment in Mumbai ranges from Rs.9350 to Rs.44000. You can get good quality treatment at affordable rates when doing IUI treatment from Dr.Shweta Shah, one of the leading gynecologists in Mumbai.
So, what are you waiting for?
Visit Dr. Shweta Shah, the top gynecologist in Malad, Mumbai, now to get the best and most cost-effective IUI fertility treatment in Mumbai!
Dr. Shweta Shah can help you have a smooth and beautiful IUI journey and make you reach your desired destination of motherhood easily!
So, what are you thinking?
You are just a visit away from making your dream of achieving motherhood a reality!