High Risk Pregnancy
Dr. Shweta Shah, one of the best gynecologist in Mumbai, is highly skilled in managing high-risk pregnancies. Being an experienced and one of the best gynecologist doctor in Mumbai, she can connect with her patients, enabling her to provide comprehensive care, especially in high-risk pregnancy cases. Thus, her patients are assured of their and the child's safety.
A high-risk pregnancy puts the mother's or the fetus's health or life in danger. It usually necessitates specialized treatment from well-qualified and skilled professionals.
Some pregnancies become high-risk during labor, and some women are prone to problems even before becoming pregnant for various reasons. Many women benefit from early and consistent prenatal care, which helps them have good pregnancies and births.
Consult your doctor as soon as you realize you are pregnant to know about the possibilities of a high-risk pregnancy. Discuss any pre-existing medical issues openly, including their management and the implications for labor and delivery. Some of the indications and symptoms of a high-risk pregnancy include:
Obesity and being overweight
- High blood pressure, gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, neural tube abnormalities, stillbirth, and cesarean delivery are linked to obesity.
- Obesity increases a baby's chance of cardiac issues by 15% at delivery, according to NICHD researchers.
- Complications are more likely in women who are carrying multiple fetuses (twins or multiples).
- Preeclampsia, early labor, and preterm birth are all common problems. More than half of all twins and up to 93% of triplets are born before 37 weeks of pregnancy.
Maternal age, young or old
- Preeclampsia and gestational high blood pressure are more likely in teens and mothers over 35 who are pregnant.
- To guarantee the best possible outcomes, women with high-risk pregnancies should be cared for by a specific team of health care experts.